BTE open-fitting hearing aids cleaning
- Wipe down the surface of your dome and thin wire thoroughly with Ampliclear cleaning wipes or with the Ampliclear cleaning spray and cloth provided, to remove any dirt or dry wax.
- Clean all dirt collected in the sound outlet at the end of your dome by using the brush provided.
- If there appears to be any moisture on your hearing aid, put it into an Ampliclear dry cup or leave it in an airing cupboard overnight.
- Check the tubing for wax. If there are any blockages detach the tubing from the hearing aid where they meet. Then pass the cleaning thread through the tubing and pull out at the other end. Once clean, reattach the tubing to the hearing aid.
Check the whole surface of your hearing aid and give it a thorough clean with Ampliclear cleaning wipes. Pay particular attention to the microphones on the hearing aid. There are two openings on the back of your aid, usually above your program button. Give these microphone holes a gentle clean with a brush to remove any build up of dirt or dust.
- Carefully check your domes for deterioration such as tears, hardening or severe discolouring. If you see deterioration, please contact your local Amplifon hearing centre to arrange a 5 star service check, in which your Hearing Aid professional will change your domes.
- Similarly, check your thin tubes to make sure there are no splits or kinks in the tubing.
- Check for any hardening or severe discolouring. If there are any problems with your tubing contact your local Amplifon hearing centre to arrange a 5 star service check, in which your Hearing Aid professional will change your thin tubes.
- If your hearing aid has microphone protectors these will need to be changed at least once every six months as instructed by your Amplifon professional.