Discover your ear health
How to keep your ears healthy?
Here are some tips for keeping your ears healthy:
- Never poke anything into your ears. The lining of the ear is delicate and you can easily damage it
- Don't use cotton buds to clean your ears. They can irritate the ear canal and push wax back inside, making it more difficult to remove
- To keep ears clean, wash the visible part of the ear and behind the ear using a little soap. Then wipe the soap away with rinsed ﬁngers and dry with a thin towel
- Don't immerse your ears in bath water, as body bacteria may enter your ear canal and could cause an infection
- Try a drop of olive oil in each ear once a week to soften earwax and encourage it to move out of the ear naturally
- Use earplugs to protect your ears from dust and loud noise
Don't ignore ear problems; they won't improve without the right treatment. The longer you leave an ear problem, the longer it may take to treat.
If you think your hearing may be affected by noise at work, the best place to start is by talking to your employer, who has a legal duty under European Union regulations to assess and control the risks. As a general guide, you shouldn't have to work with noise levels at work that are louder than a busy street.
If you experience any loss of hearing, our expert Audiologists have the knowledge and experience to answer any questions you may have about hearing protection as well as being able to give you a full comprehensive hearing test. This will leave you with the knowledge and understanding of the health of your ears and the best way to protect them.
Discover and explore our range of ear protection devices including noise-cancelling earplugs, ear defenders and headphones that can help protect your hearing in a wide range of environments.