Caring for your in ear hearing aid
Cleaning your in ear hearing aid
Your step by step guide to cleaning your in the ear hearing aids
● Wipe down the surface of your hearing aid with ampliclear cleaning wipes, or with the ampliclear cleaning spray and cloth provided to remove any dirt or dry wax.
● Clean all dirt collected in the sound outlet by using the brush provided.
● If your hearing aid has a small vent hole under the sound outlet, clean this with ampliclear airspray or the brush provided.
● If there appears to be any moisture on your hearing aid, please put it into an ampliclear dry cup or an airing cupboard overnight.
● The microphones on your hearing aid are small openings located above or below your battery tray. There may be one or two microphones. Gently brush these openings with a clean brush to remove any dust or dirt.
● Check the condition of the wax filter. If your filter is looking discoloured or dirty, or if there is wax in it; that you cannot brush out, it is time to change the filter. Your pack of new filters will include a tool to change the filter. Use one end to remove the old filter from the sound outlet, and use the other end to carefully push another clean filter into its place.
Six Monthly Tasks
● If you haven't already changed the wax filter on your hearing aid you should do so now. These filters need to be changed at least once every six months.
● Your pack of new filters will include a tool to change the filter. Use one end to remove the old filter from the sound outlet, and use the other end to carefully push another clean filter into its place.