Use of the Amplifon website constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to our terms & conditions. Amplifon make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from this website but we cannot ensure exclusion. As such Amplifon assumes no responsibility or liability for damages caused by viruses obtained while accessing this website. Amplifon does not pass information onto third parties.
Amplifon will always endeavour to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The principles are that:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data
Your personal data will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements and obligations of the Data Protection Act 1998. Amplifon does not provide information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Further information about the act can be found on the Information Commissioners website.
If you would like to see your records, requests should be made in writing to the Amplifon Customer Services Department, details of which can be found here.
Personal information collected via online forms
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us and we promise never to release your personal details for marketing purposes to any company outside the Amplifon Group.
By completing the online form you consent to the Amplifon Group, or any third party on its behalf, securely processing and storing personal data both manually and by electronic means.
By completing an online enquiry or booking form and selecting yes to 'The latest news' option you are signing up to receive information, special offers and promotions from Amplifon Ltd by mail, phone/mobile, SMS or email. If you do not wish to receive such information, please write to Amplifon, Gateway House, Styal Road, M22 5WY. Your details will not be passed on to any third parties.
You can unsubscribe from correspondence at any time by following the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of each email or by following the guidance within any mailing.
If you are concerned about providing any information online, then please contact us and we will arrange an alternative for you.
Personal information collected via branch competition forms
Entrants must be 18 or over. The prize draw will be drawn every three months with winners being notified by email. By completing your details to receive Amplifon newsletters you are signing up to receive information, special offers and promotions from Amplifon Ltd by mail, phone/mobile, SMS or email. If you do not wish to receive such information, please tick the box on the form to opt out of marketing communications. Your details will not be passed on to third parties.
Recommend a friend
Neither you nor the recommended person will be under any obligation whatsoever. By completing your friend's details, you are confirming that you have obtained their consent for Amplifon to contact them. The £10 M&S voucher will be sent to your home address following the free hearing test with Amplifon of the person you have recommended. The £40 M&S vouchers will be sent to you if the recommended person purchases hearing aids, after our 30 day money-back guarantee period, subject to a minimum order value of £495*. The person recommending must be an Amplifon customer and use hearing aids purchase from Amplifon. The person being recommended must be new to Amplifon.
Amplifon is committed to capturing and maintaining quality information. If however, you feel that any information held within this site or in relation to your personal data is inaccurate then please contact us.
Amplifon is committed to equality and in line with this commitment, we strive to make our website accessible to all. An accessible site allows all users to access it, regardless of their browser, resolution, settings or eyesight.
Our website is guided by Government guidelines and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v1.0.(WCAG). Seehttp://www.w3cuk.org.uk/ for more information.
All pages are built using standard compliant XHTML and CSS code. We ensure we carry out good practice accessibility, methods that have been developed within the industry such as, ensuring all forms have correct labelling, the site degrades gracefully, resizes and is flexible.
How We Support Universal Accessibility
There are a number of ways in which we aim to support universal accessibility:
- A common design throughout.
- A site map has been produced for easier access to all pages within the web site.
- Use of cascading style sheets (CSS2) for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets, the content of each page should nevertheless be readable
- Use of valid html code (XHTML 1.0 strict).
- All images have appropriate alternative text descriptions ("ALT text")
- Avoiding the use of frames
- All links within the site open in the same navigator window whilst links that navigate away from the site open in a new window.
- Scalable font sizes - Fonts can be enlarged within the browser, for users who require larger, legible text. Advice on changing your Text size as displayed below
If you need to change the size of the text on the site you can make it larger or smaller pressing the AAA text sizing buttons accessible at the top of every page.
Changing the site's background colour can be particularly useful for users who rely on magnification technology, as white can produce an uncomfortable glare. It is also possible to change the colour of body text on the site. Both can be achieved by changing preferences in your browser:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer- In the Tools menu select Internet Options. Select Accessibility and put a tick in the box 'Ignore colors specified on web pages'. Select OK. Go to Colors and select Colors - make any necessary changes to text and background.
- Mozilla Firefox- From the menu bar choose - Tools > Options. Go into Content and select Colours. Untick the box 'Allow pages to choose their own colours, instead of my selections above'. Select OK
We are working to improve the accessibility of our site and welcome your suggestions and comments. If you encounter any accessibility or technical problems when using this site, please contact us. If we cannot make the information accessible to you using your assistive technology, we will try to find an alternative way for you to access or be provided with the information.
Please note that although we continue to test and modify our site for accessibility there may be links to pages developed by third parties that are not compliant with our standards.